Autologous Protein Solution Device
Pro-Stride APS is a proprietary dual-device system whose output produces a concentrated solution of cells, platelets, growth factors, and anti-inflammatory proteins (including IL-1ra and other anabolic proteins).
All-Natural (from patient's own blood)
Clinically demonstrated effectiveness*
Convenient (no incubation, <20-minute processing, ambulatory)
Interleukin-1, also known as IL-1, and tumor necrosis factor alpha, also known as TNF-alpha, are the key pro-inflammatory proteins called cytokines which need to be blocked from damaging the tissue. These inflammatory cytokines bind to the cell surface receptors on the cartilage and start the process of cartilage breakdown which ultimately leads to joint pain and damage.
There are several naturally occurring inhibitors (anti-inflammatory proteins) of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1 and TNF-alpha. These include the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein (IRAP), also known as IL-1ra, SIL-1r, also known as Soluble interleukin-1 receptor and STNF-rs, known as Soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors. All of these are highly concentrated within Pro-Stride APS.
Pro-Stride does not require an incubation period
Pro-Stride's output is not an autologous conditioned serum (ACS)
Pro-Stride's output is never frozen
What's needed to process Pro-Stride...
Owl Manor Centrifuge
Green (60 ml) Centrifuge Buckets
Blue (60 ml) Counterbalance - Adjustable or Solid (1st Spin)
Pro-Stride Counterbalance (2nd Spin)
Pro-Stride Kit (includes protein separator and protein concentrator devices)
The items below are not included
For blood draw:
(1) 60-ml syringe (Luer-lock recommended)
(1) Butterfly catheter with 18-gauge apheresis needle
For Step 1 (following 1st spin / protein separation)
(1) 30-ml syringe to draw / remove Platelet Poor Plasma
(1) 10-ml (Luer-lock recommended) syringe to draw out PRP (and transfer to second device)
For Step 2 (following 2nd spin / protein concentration)
10-ml syringe or smaller to draw out Pro-Stride
Step 1: Protein Separator Device and Blue 60 ml Counterbalance in Green Centrifuge Buckets
Step 2: Protein Concentrator Device and Pro-Stride Counterbalance in Green Centrifuge Buckets
Pro-Stride Kit (including Protein Separator Device and Protein Concentrator Device)
Left to Right: Protein Separator Device, Blue 60ml Counterbalance, Protein Concentrator Device, and Pro-Stride Counterbalance
1. O’Shaughnessey et al. Autologous protein solution prepared from the blood of osteoarthritic patients contains an enhanced profile of anti-inflammatory cytokines and anabolic growth factors. JOR 2014, 32, 1349-1355.
2. Wanstrath et al., Evaluation of a Single Intra-Articular Injection of Autologous Protein Solution for Treatment of Osteoarthritis in a Canine Population. Veterinary Surgery 2016, 45 (6):764-774.
3. Bertone et al., Evaluation of a single intra-articular injection of autologous protein solution for treatment of osteoarthritis in horses. AJVR 2014, 75 (2), 141-151.
4. O’Shaughnessey et al., Blood-derived anti-inflammatory protein solution blocks the effect of IL-1β on human macrophages in vitro. Inflammation Research 2011, 60 (10), 929.
5. Woodell‐May et al., Autologous protein solution inhibits MMP‐13 production by IL‐1β and TNFα‐stimulated human articular chondrocytes. JOR 2011, 29 (9), 1320-1326.
6. King, W. et al., Human blood‐based anti‐inflammatory solution inhibits osteoarthritis progression in a meniscal‐tear rat study. JOR 2017, 35 (10), 2260-2268.